Terms of Service and Rules
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
*No advertising, spamming, solicitation or commercial self promotion of any kind*
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You may not access the Service through automated or programmatic means (such as through a content scraper) without prior permission from us.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
The OpenBuilds.com site rules set out below are considered part of these terms.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
The OpenBuilds community is primarily a support community for a business and its customers, rather than a general chat/discussion community. It is a community built around people getting and giving help and guidance. Your behavior should reflect that. The rules here are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary. Use common sense.
Access to the community is a privilege, not a right, and members who continually breach these rules will find themselves limited or removed from the community, regardless of the other contributions they have made.
Please note that responses to questions posted on the forums cannot be guaranteed. If you require a response from a staff member, please start a conversation with a staff member. Please do not submit the same questions to the forum and support tickets simultaneously.
- The OpenBuilds forums are the forums for a business and should be viewable in business contexts or by children. Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a business setting. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualized or illicit content, hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content, links and websites and discussion encouraging the use of piracy or warez distributions, or any otherwise illegal content. Please do not attempt to circumvent the censoring options we have set up.
- Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilized and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
- Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
- Similarly, messages involving OpenBuilds competitors must be constructive. Posts regarding their business practices, staff, and hardware and or software are generally unacceptable.
- Post and or links to counterfeit or non-genuine OpenBuilds Parts will be removed. OpenBuilds has a zero tolerance for such spam.
- If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.
- All content must be posted in English as it is not possible for us to moderate the forums otherwise. In very specific cases (such as distributing a translation), foreign languages may be used provided an English translation is provided as well.
- Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Related to this, resources should not be bumped with updates unless the update is legitimate. Updates for the primary purpose of bumping the resource will be removed. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
- Please do not attempt to sell or trade any products or services in our community. This rule also extends to give always and competitions. No advertising, spamming, solicitation or commercial self promotion of any kind is allowed
- Service and resource providers may not solicit via conversations.
- Each user may only have one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, the duplicates may be banned.
- Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.
- If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
- If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
- Support will not be given for counterfeit or non-genuine OpenBuilds Parts, and all references of these builds/resources/threads will be removed.
- Machine Builds and included content is considered Open Source as per license specified by the Author. In some cases, OpenBuilds may make available a bundle of parts for a given Build. The original author will be credited for the design.