Hey geeks, I was doing test cuts on my home made cnc and the results turned out satisfactory. So today I am sharing my build here.
● X-Y table Style.
● Bed size is 280x245mm and 100mm in height.
● I am using 3 nema 17 unipolar stepper motors. (Salvaged from photo copier machine)
● Threaded rod and normal nuts (Added two nuts to handle back lash).
● Drawer Slides for movement.
● Arduino with CNC shield v3.
● Banggood Spindle 3000 to 27000 rpm.
● 4mm 4 flute tool.
I used scrape board left from furniture work. Bed is sandwich of two 7mm MDF sheet. I added T-nuts between two sheets for object holders.
Over all project was built from junk utilisation except spindle, drawer rails and screws.
My Home made CNC
Home Made CNC Router from Scrape
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution Share Alike - CC BY SA
Reason for this BuildThe reason to build this machine is experiment. I wanted to learn CNC but did not wanted to spend lots of money on professional machines.