Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

      1. Build Progress:
        • Build in Progress...
      Rate This Build
      1 votes
      I ended up using as much metal bracing as possible instead of the 3d printed parts (All printed parts were made with PETG). Also, I replaced the z axis wheel mounts with OpenBuilds aluminum plates / eccentric spacers and it's super stable now. Still waiting for my aluminum plate / silicone heating pad to come in the mail, but I've done some test (no filament) prints and everything looks to be running well. I did notice a lot of vibration in vertical extrusion near the x/ y motors (due to how tall I made it). I added some 45 degree bracing on the sides and it removed most of the vibration.

      I hope to be printing in PLA (no heater) this weekend!

      Updates: Videos showing off some of the auto bed leveling and some printing:


      Attached Files:

  • Loading...
  • Build Details

    Build License:
    • CC - Attribution - CC BY

    Reason for this Build

    Started with a smaller basic Prussia I3 printer, but quickly realized I needed something larger. Really liked the D-bot design

    Inspired by

  • About Us

    The OpenBuilds Team is dedicated helping you to Dream it - Build it - Share it! Collaborate on our forums and be sure to visit the Part Store for all your Building needs!
  • Like us on Facebook

  • Support Open Source FairShare Program!

    OpenBuilds FairShare Give Back Program provides resources to Open Source projects, developers and schools around the world. Invest in your future by helping others develop theirs!

    Donate to FairShare!